Across the Pond I Go


It's time!

These last days have been bittersweet. I've been bumming it with my parents for two work-less stress-free weeks now, enjoying a full fridge, mom's home-cooking, air conditioning, hundreds of cable channels, and pool access - all amenities I greatly missed during my not-too-long-ago college days. And now to have to say good-bye again... how will I survive?

In all reality, my heart has been aching to be reunited with my Englishman. And after seven lonely long months (with two visits in-between and A LOT of odd-hour Skyping) the distance is finally over.


"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great."
- Roger de Bussy-Rabutin



Speaking of distances making the heart grow fonder, I do miss my California friends who have always supported me and made my home away from home that much more special. You all have a special place in my heart and I'm sure I'll be reminiscing of our sunny Cali adventures when the rain starts hammerin' down in England (and then continues to rain for 6 months straight! lol)

And a special thanks to my Nor-Cal friends and family who helped me move, gave me a place to stay and a place to store all my crap, and for taking care of my beloved pet rabbit while I am away. Thank you so much!!!!

So, farewell America, Mom, Dad, Michael & all my friends and family. I love you. You'll be undoubtedly missed. But do not worry fore I am in good hands!

Oh, btw, another English translation: snog = kiss

♡ - Kristen

2 comments: