Already Feeling Settled


I’m still a little jet-lagged but besides that, I’m well good.

This past week I’ve been adjusting to English life. I’ve had a couple ciders. Got a new cell phone. Kicked back by the beach and got some sun. Went to a pub to see a friend of a friend’s band play. There was a pretty awesome beer garden in the back, which was sweet.



Ashley and I went out to dinner with his family the other day. We went to Toby Carvery, which is this restaurant/pub chain that has a buffet-style proper Sunday roast. Sunday roasts are a big deal here. It’s like a Thanksgiving dinner every week; turkey, ham, potatoes, yada, yada, yada and these funny Yorkshire pudding things. It’s not pudding at all actually, it’s like a soft pastry bowl that you smother with gravy and such and it kind of just melts in your mouth. Yummy.

Life without a car is good. I’ve been riding my bike everywhere, but I feel like I’m getting to know my way around a whole lot quicker. I make several trips each day to the main shopping area at the end of my street. There’s a bunch of coffee shops, clothing stores, all the usual stuff. They call the mall-like place in town, the arcade, and it’s really hot and stuffy in there.



I have a serious problem with my front door, well anything with a handle really. First off, Ashley and I had to go three days in a row to the locksmith to get my key copied and then remade and then remade. The man said something about making a copy of a copy of a copy doesn’t work well on the door. .. something like that. But even with the “right” key, I still can’t get the damn thing opened! I’ve come to the conclusion that American door handles and toilet flushers are just way easier to turn then English ones. I really have to make a concentrated effort and use force when using them. Haha

This is also the first time I’ve ever lived on a busy street, which has proven to be quite entertaining. There are these crazy-ass people that live across the street on the 2nd floor directly in eye-view when sitting in our front room. If it’s not this one fat guy standing oddly in the center of his room rubbing his belly, it’s random people popping up from all corners of the window, or people just appearing from the darkness, since there seems to be no light over there. It’s just funny. Then today I had the pleasure to watch all these policemen arrest this poor dude with bad hair after they searched his car and interrogated this girlfriend for ten minutes.



So my cameras been acting up, but I think I fixed it, so expect more photos from me very soon. oh yeah 2 more words!

spade = shovel
plasters = band-aids

♡ - Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Plasters!! Hahahaha, that is sooooooooo funny!!! We used to call band-aids plasters back home in Montreal... We do have the queen's face on our dollars... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ "this poor dude with bad hair" omg hahahahaha u crack me up!! haha

    ReplyDelete