Spinning in Gypsy Car Park



Seems like anytime I blog about how the weather is supposed to be, the next day Mother Nature proves me wrong.

I mentioned that Bournemouth doesn't get proper snow, mostly just slush that melts away before the next day, BUT today I woke up to a blanketed seaside city with a good few inches of fluffy white snow. Do I bring good luck or what?! And what better to do on a day like this then find an empty car lot and thrash the hell out of a car?! And that's just what me, my boyfriend, and flatmates did!

We headed to Hengistbury Head parking lot, snapping pictures and throwing snowballs at random along the way. Although the entrance stated "Car Park Full" (perhaps to throw us hooligans off), we went in anyway and were not surprised to find several cars spinning in circles. Chaz Mann, a friend who's staying at ours at the moment, promptly shouted, "We found a lot full of gypsies!" And that we did.

An old station wagon, a beat up BMW, a few oversized vans and my flatmate Aron's Volkswagen Golf got slippery, pulling hand break turns and wheel spins. There weren't too many near-collisions, and all the blurry faces in the other cars were grinning like mad, just like us. At one point the guys thought it'd be fun to stand on the outside of the car, holding onto the doors, gliding on the ice with their feet. Crazy!



I've done this once before in Cincinnati, OH. But doing it in another country makes it feel a bit more exciting!

♡- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment