Brrrrrrr, It's Cold in Here


My boyfriend and my flatmates are CRAZY! They're BMXers, right? And although the weather has dropped into the negative (celsius!! remember) they are still going out and riding. I, on the other hand, prefer to stay out of the cold as much as possible. I'm not used to this weather!

Even though London and much of Northern England have inches of freshly fallen snow, the coast (Bournemouth at least) hardly gets any. If it does happen to snow, it's more like slush that just melts away after a few minutes. The snow tonight, however, seems to be sticking so I thought I'd snap a few shots before it disappears.

The freezing cold weather is exciting and disparaging at the same time. It is a mission preparing for the cold. Putting on mitts and beanies and scarves and boots and fluffy jumpers is a comfort in the cold, but such a hassle once you've reached a warm place and start to overheat before getting the chance to take them all off. Also, being in the house when the radiators are not on is like living in an ice box. I gladly stay in bed, covered in layers of warm blankets, giving the heat a good hour to make things manageable.

This is not the first time I've lived in the cold. I've had my fair share of winter wonderlands and school snow days while growing up on the east coast of the USA. One huge difference between England and America is that at least in America there are tons of malls and indoor shopping centers that don't make shopping and going out to eat that freezing. Here, there are very few arcades to keep warm in. If you need to get something, you brave the cold. Oh, dear.


♡- Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Liked your journals. I had very similar experiences and always like reading others.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete