Birthdays! Happy Birthday Mum!



Oddly enough both Ashley's mum and my mom have the same birthday, which is today! My mom also has a twin and I would like to wish all three of these lovely ladies, as well as anyone else who shares this birthday, a wonderful day!

And since I'm on the subject, I think it's weird that English people make a big deal about turning 21. I mean, they can smoke and drink at 18 so why celebrate 21? In the USA we celebrate it for that obvious liquorific reason. I asked some friends here and they didn't really have a reason. 16, 18, 21, 25, 30, 40, etc... are special, and that's just the way it is.

And someone please remind me why 16 is so sweet? Here 16 is the age of consent, as in being allowed to have sex and not be jailbait. (Oooo celebration!?!)

Side note, I personally think QuinceaƱeras are awesome!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure your mom is going to love the pic you chose Hahhahahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love the picture, but that's beside the point.
    Nick says he has no idea why 21 is celebrated. He agrees it's strange. But 16, come on - Your mom can no longer have your boyfriend arrested - that's worth a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, yeah I know, I know. I was such a bad teenager.

    ReplyDelete