Rain, rain, GO AWAY!



Hmmmmm, so the the rumors are true, England is very very rainy. And I've been told I ain't seen nothing yet! Grrrreat!

Sadly, this weekend I had plans to go to the local air show, which featured an aerial performance by the Red Arrows, England's equivalent to America's jet performers, the Blue Angels. But due to the rain, I didn't bother going to the show, and coincidentally I heard the Red Arrows performance was postponed/canceled the other day!

It's already been raining for the past 5 days straight and as you can tell by the forecast below, it's not going to get any better. And please notice how Bournemouth happens to be the only city listed for rain in that one particular graph. LOVELY! It's as if there's just a little cloud over this city at all times.

Even though currently the weather is very rainy, I noticed earlier that even in the nicest of "English summer" days the weather was still a bit dodgy. A typical summer day would include waves of weather. What I mean is, it will be hot, humid, and sunny one minute, and literally the next thing you know a gray cloud is overhead, and it's cold, rainy, and windy, BUT then another minute goes by and it's sunny and hot as hell again!

Likewise, it's been a bitch to get dressed for the entire day. I've learned to love layers. After talking to some of the girls out here, there seems to be a general consensus to stuff a purse with a scarf, sunscreen, an umbrella, and a bikini cause you never know....

Luckily, despite the rain, I've been a having a great time at my new job (but more on that later!).











We're definitely not in Cali anymore, Toto.
♡- Kristen

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.. awww hehehe toto

    congrats on the new job! cant wait to read about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! It's as if there's just a little cloud over this city at all times. umbrella

    ReplyDelete