Rollercoasting: Thorpe Park



Thorpe Park
is England's self proclaimed thrill capital of the nation. Not quite Six Flags Magic Mountain, but not bad at all. At first glance, I'm a bit disappointed because I don't see the mountainous peeks of steel and wires that I've come accused to in Southern California.

Stealth, the rollercoaster pictured above, is the only retardly-high ride, which goes 205 ft up in the sky and launches from 0 to 80mph in under 2 seconds. I've been on rides like this before, like Superman at Six Flags MM, or Mr. Freeze at Six Flags St. Louis, but Stealth surpassed them because instead of just going up and then backwards down the same way, Stealth goes all the way up and over, which gave us an incredible and frightening view.

Also, I was impressed by Colossus, which has a mean corkscrew like I've never experienced.



Overall, X2 still remains the scariest coaster I've ever been on. But Thorpe Park was a lot of fun, and I'd definitely go again.


>>> Me and Oli!


The boys before the water ride.


The boys after! (I went too, just no picture.)

♡ - Kristen

2 comments: