Saw My First Fox! England's Urban Pest



Instead of ugly possums and burglar-faced raccoons, England has urban foxes. Kinda cool, huh?

About a month ago, when I arrived in England, there was fox hysteria. News services did constant updates on the recovery of two little twin girls who had been bitten in the faces by a fox in their London home in early June. Just two days ago even, a 13-year-old girl was also attacked by one after it chewed a hole in her tent while she camped out in her own back yard. Scary little things.

And tonight, while riding home on my bike with Ashley from his nan's house (nan = grandma, and she makes the best English roast!), an orange-brown fox scurried across the street. Finally! I've spotted one! Quickly, I raced towards the home it disappeared by but only to get a fleeting glimpse of its bushy tail turning the corner. Oh well. I'm bound to spot another one.



>>>A picture of a fox spotted next door to the house where the twins were attacked.


>>>The twins who were attacked. Poor things! To read about their attack click HERE.

♡-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment