English Cars: I've Never Seen These Before



Besides having the steering wheel on the other side of the car, I find the cars of England in comparison to cars in America generally smaller in size, a larger percentage running on diesel fuel, and a lot older classic cars on the road.

Although I had noticed an increasing number of tiny Smart cars in the months leading up to my departure from Long Beach, California, it seems to me that England has had the small cars on lock for awhile now. Smart cars, those Mini-Coopers, and just random foreign tiny cars I've never seen before are absolutely everywhere (just scan the pics below).

There are familiar car companies out here like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Suzuki, and Nissan except the models are a bit different, smaller usually. I was also surprised to see a lot of larger work vans as well as ambulance, police and emergency vehicles flashing the Mercedes symbol. I usually think of Mercedes as a more luxurious label, no?

Also, as I mentioned, there a far more older classic styled vehicles on the road than I'm accustomed to. I happen to really like these older big green military-looking jeeps. I see at least one of them everyday, and they're always a little different, but all old and some gray shade of green.














♡ - Kristen

1 comment:

  1. interesting :) it's like a austin powers all over the place

    ReplyDelete