Toto The Horse Gets a Pedicure From Me



Toto, a nickname short for Toto-l Annihilation (love that!), is the fun loving 22-year-old (human years, that is) horse belonging to Jen, a friend I met through work. When she told me about her lick-crazy more-dog-than-horse horse I jumped at the chance to befriend him.

Located in Hurn Village, just a short distance from my house, are the stables were Toto and 5 other male horses are kept. Jen, being such a great horse owner, visits Toto several times a day to feed, ride, and groom him.

Toto came into Jen's life under less than wonderful circumstances. After being abandoned by his previous owners and left on his loathsome for 9 weeks, Jen was called by a friend who had spotted him and knew of her love of horses. She later made her way to Toto's whereabouts and he gladly ran to her; the rest is history.

Having no experience in horse grooming, I mostly watched and listened to Jen as she circled about him, clipping here and trimming there. Horse hooves have a tendency to crack if not properly treated, so I was given the easier task of painting his nails! I selected a brilliant shade of black, however, I was told some show horses get pink.

After, Jen took me on the path she usually rides Toto on, bringing me to a look-out point with amazing views miles in all directions of Bournemouth.



>>> Roger, Toto's neighbor, wearing protective gear to escape the wrath of pestering flies. I'm pretty sure I got bit by a horsefly today. My knee kills!
>>> Jen and Toto


>>> Pointing in the direction of downtown Bournemouth.

♡ - Kristen

1 comment:

  1. wow.. u are experiencing so much out there! so glad to see that you are having an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete