Seatown: Cliffs by the Sea


A long, extremely narrow two-way road hidden by tall hedges is the only way to get to the Anchor Inn, located in the aptly named coastal village of Seatown, Dorset. Wedged between two large cliffs is the small beach and the inn.

Ashley and I decided to take a walk up on of the ginormous cliffs over looking the sea, which was very steep and strenuous (for me at least). After some whining and a couple rest stops, we made it to the tippy top. The view was breathtaking. I could see far out into the ocean, as well as make out the small sheep farms surrounding the village. The countryside, from on high, resembled a quilt with different colored square patches of farmland covering the earth.

After a quick walk down, we enjoyed lunch on a picnic table by the shore at the Anchor Inn. I had a fresh salmon fillet with crushed new potatoes in a sun-dried tomato pesto, while Ashley had a hearty Tuscan bean stew with cous-cous. It was the best fish I've had in a long time (the only fish, really).

This was about the half-way point on our journey to St. Austell, Cornwall, to see the famous biospheres of the Eden Project.








♡ - Kristen

3 comments:

  1. Awww.. how romantic! you 2 are too cute :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE THOSE SHEEP? AND HOW;S THE WEATHER NOW? READY FOR COMPANY?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah they're sheep! the weather is actually really nice! i'm surprised. But the last week has been warm and sunny. I'm lucky, I think I brought the good weather with me! I'd love a visit. Expect there's no room in my house at the moment. I'm living with 6 other people right now! it's so crowded. I'm going to blog about that soon too. haha

    ReplyDelete