My Nose Won't Stop Running: I'm Sick


For the past week Ashley has been sick with the usual cold symptoms like coughing, sneezing, runny nose, headaches, feeling weak, and having a slight temperature . And since we live together, sharing the same room, the same bed, the same air, it was only a matter of time before I caught the bug. But after five days of feeling fine, I was beginning to think that I was just immune to the sickness. Wrong! Yesterday, my luck finally ran out, and now we're together in bed sneezing, coughing, yada, yada, yada... although he's beginning to feel better. (Yes! Now he can take care of me!)

I'm pretty sure these colds are a result of the recent sudden shift in weather. Over the last week the temperature has dropped significantly. Today the weather forecast reads a high of 65°F and low of 48°F. When I'm walking home from work, around midnight, I put sweat pants on over my leggings, and a scarf, beanie, mittens, and a warm bulky jacket. And it's still only autumn. I'm going to die when winter comes!

Ashley and I have been eating lots of soups and drinking tons of tea. I made a vegan stew from scratch, which surprisingly turned out delicious. And tonight I'll make a noodle soup for us. Since it's England, tea drinking is just second-nature to everyone. At work I literally give out about 30 teas every day. I've been sticking to lemon & ginger, peppermint, and green tea lately since I believe those work best to cure aliments. But I'm going to do a whole blog about British tea sometime, so enough about that.

Stay warm and healthy wherever you are!
♡ - Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment