Played and Won My First Pub Quiz!


Pub quizzes are a common thing around here. I've seen signs for weekly pub quizzes on nearly every pub I see. Basically, groups of people participate in teams, each person putting in £1 into a winners pool of money, the winning team taking all the cash. It's just something to do while your getting tipsy really. And I'm not complaining, I wish more places in the USA did this. (If there were any in Long Beach, I never heard of them.)

My roomies, Oli and Aron, and I decided to go to a local pub, Daisy O'Briens, and participate in the quiz. We named ourselves The Randy Marsh Experience, after the Southpark character (haha).

We were giving a sheet of paper with list of numbers and then asked a variety of trivia questions. What sign in London is stolen the most? - Abbey Road; What is the first man-made metal? - bronze ; What food gave passengers food poisoning in the film Airplane? - fish; How many presidents faces are in Mt. Rushmore? - 4, etc...

The second part of the quiz challenged the music lovers. The intro into popular tunes were played and we were asked to name the artist and the name of the song. We answered correctly 18 out of a possible 20.

The third part of the quiz was another set of trivia questions. What part of Michelangelo's statue David was painted red as a prank? - the toe; What is Canada's national animal? - beaver; What city is 'A Street Car Named Desire' based in? - New Orleans; etc...

The fourth part of the quiz required members of each team to list as many The Simpsons characters as possible on the back of our sheet of paper.

After a few minutes, the points were all tallied up and what do ya know... The Randy Marsh Experience won the quiz! We split the winning £35 among the three of us and went on our merry way. I think I like these pub quizzes. But was it beginners luck, or were we cheating...... (haha).

I took out my camera and filmed the end of the quiz. There's some birthday song to a guy named Gary, but after that you can hear our team win and see my team cheers'ing one another!




♡ - Kristen

1 comment:

  1. happy b-day gary, whoever you are and great job at winning u guys hahah! go team randy marsh experience!

    ReplyDelete