Bonfire! (& fireworks!)

As I mentioned in my previous post, Guy Fawkes Night is celebrated by huge bonfires and fireworks. And although it's a day late, the turn out for the Christchurch celebrations was massive, and the bonfire and fireworks - even more massive! I had high expectations and I can gladly say I'm satisfied.

Ashley and I paid five pounds each to enter the clearing in which the bonfire and fireworks were to take place. I normally hate paying for anything, but I felt like this experience was worth it. Although I missed the lighting of the fire, so I'm not sure whether dummies of Guy Fawkes were thrown into the blaze. (Oh well!)

The bonfire was guarded off from the public by short metal railings, and men in fire-protective gear monitored the event from within. After about 20 minutes, in the opposite end of the clearing the fireworks show commenced. Like many firework displays I've seen in the States, the fireworks were blasted off to specific music, in this case Katy Perry's Fireworks, Shakira's Waka Waka and a couple of Irish folk tunes, which blared from the several speaker stations set up along the perimeter.

After, a local "umpa" band called The Gugge played while people enjoyed the many charity booth games and snacks. The one booth that caught my eye, in particular, was the Rotary Club of Bransgore's plate breaking booth where, for a little money, you'd get a bucket of balls to throw at the white china lined up in the back. Fun!





^^^ The variety of fireworks was impressive, there were spiraled ones, ones that changed color, and some larger with gold ribbons that seemed to stream down close enough to touch. ♡ - Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment