Rain AND Shine

There's something calming yet lively in feeling a crispy cold wind on your face while being snug in a cozy cardigan. Having seasons and a change in weather is a nice alternative to the sunny all-year-round Cali coast. (Really!) With that said, however, I'm still not use to the unpredictable weather here.

It's like being on Mars, as in, in the shade it's freezing but in the sunshine I find myself stripping off layers before overheating. And it constantly feels like a battle between rain and shine each day. Yesterday, on a walk along the beach, I got a change to see a big black rain cloud making its way to destroy the sunny weather (just see the pics below). And today is rainy, rainy, rainy, if you wanted to know.

Ashley mentioned to me the other day how all this rain must be so different for me. But it's not like it doesn't rain in the States too, you know? The only thing that does make a difference, however, is that I don't have a car so I'm actually in the rain much more than I would be if I had one. Running to the car to escape the rain is a lot of fun, as I recall. I miss that!


^^^ I spotted two magpies. Lucky me!

♡- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment