Mold Killed My Rainbows


This damn cold English weather has murdered my beloved Rainbow sandals that I have had for years.

Countless friends have begged me to replace these unsightly things forever now it seems, but I just couldn't. Despite their unattractiveness, they were the most comfortable sandals I've ever worn. The rubbery soles were completely melted to my feet shape, and after nearly six years of sandal misuse (like wearing them through mosh-pits and muddy trails) they survived. But I think I have to draw the line at scrapping mold off of them (emphasis on think. They're not in the bin yet!).

Mold is a common enemy in many homes in England. The damp, cold, rainy weather causes many old drafty buildings to breakout in spotty black mold. Luckily, my flat actually isn't that bad. There's no mold on the walls or ceilings, only in the deepest corners of closets.

Another, more annoying problem with the mold, however, is my endless hay-fever. I've never had a problem with allergies in my life, so itchy eyes and a blocked nose at least once a week is very new and horrible for me. I've taken to buying allergy-clearing pills at the local department stores to battle the elements. I'm thinking since I'm not an English native, I'm now being exposed to mold/pollen/dust that I have no immunity to and likewise getting sick. Bloody hell!

♡ - Kristen

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen!
    You talk like a pommie! Throw those moldy sandals into the bin, NOW! yuk! They call it a bin in Aussie too. I'm lucky, I've stopped taking my allergy pills since I got here. Maybe it's all the rain keeping the pollen down. Ttyl!!
    Love, Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let cool for ten or twenty minutes, then gently shake out. Make sure to use cooking spray as mold release!” This used $17 worth of food-grade silicone, and I just barely made it by adding a top to the mold with foam to displace the silicone where it wasn’t needed in the mold. more at see http://www.moldbustersllc.com/mold-remediation/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the way you compose and share your corner! Extremely intriguing and distinctive! Keep it coming! test for mold

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. SAKURAI Mold Release Oil

    ReplyDelete