Death Metal Halloween

Halloween isn't as big of a deal in England as it is in the USA. Here, fancy dress (costume) is viewed as an American addition to Halloween that I sadly didn't see many people venture into. I saw a handful of kiddie trick-or-treaters dressed up, but not the hoards of sexy slutty cop outfits and outrages get-ups I've come accustomed to living in the USA.

Days leading up to my favorite holiday several people even warned me not to expect much. Fortunately, however, in a dark dingy back room of a local pub, a Halloween-worthy death metal concert was found! I'm not usually a fan of the deep growling vocals, but mixed with a few rowdy hardcore metal fans, a slippery floor, some cider and good company, my first and only English Halloween was a success!




^^^ 3 of the 4 people dress up at the pub. I was a skeleton. That's a bone on my sleeve.

^^^This is a video of the second band that preformed that night. Oddly enough, the singer, Tom, is actually a bmxer that went with Ashley on his last trip to Iceland. And Tom happens to be a vegetarian. I find death metal and especially his creepy singing voice a little odd for a veggie man.

♡ - Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment