It's like a sauna in here!


For the past week, I've been sick, Ashley's been sick, and now my roommate Aron is getting sick, and it's been raining and colder. Sounds nice, right?

Well, Ashley and I were beginning to feel better and thought that the spa might just do the trick and loosen the last grip the sickness had on our drained bodies. So a couple days ago we took the bus to the award winning Littledown Centre, which is the largest leisure facility in Bournemouth.

Littledown reminds me of YMCAs from my youth, which are actually in England as well, although the YMCAs are less like gymnasiums and more like hostels here. Littledown has a full gym with aerobic classes, a cafe & bar, a gymnasium complete with huge trampolines, an outdoor track with fitness stations, and a giant pool and spa facilities. This was my third visit.

Back in California, I used to go to a Korean spa in Garden Grove religiously with my close girlfriend, Annalise. (I'm some what addicted now.) We would go every other weekend enjoying the showers, jacuzzi, salt bath, cold jump, steam rooms, saunas, and scrub stations for a measly $10 a visit. And all the while we would be completely naked, as this is common for Korean-style spas, (it was women only!). We also were the only non-Korean English-speaking people there, which I found quite nice, as no one would ever bother us, and we knew we'd never run into anyone we knew. The only reason we found this tiny under-the-radar Asian spa was from a Korean friend of Annalise, who let us in on the secret.

Littledown, obviously, is not some little Korean spa in Cali, but it was nice nonetheless. For entry to the spa and pool, there is a £7.3o charge, which I think is pretty reasonable. There are two main spa baths, each running in ten minute intervals. In between intervals, spa-goers are asked to sit out of the jetted-pool while the self-cleaning system runs. I find this a little annoying, since I'm accustomed to lying around in one for ages.

There are two steam rooms, a sauna, and a sanarium as well, although I'm still not exactly sure of what a sanarium is, seemed like a less-hot version of a sauna. All the facilities, besides the changing rooms, are used my men and women. So it was nice, for a change, to be able to relax in the spa with my boyfriend. Although everyone was starring him, him being the only person with tattoos all over his body. (I like that, though.)

The people in the pictures are just random people and I don't know them. And if you're wondering, the spa did not clear up my congestion. I am still sick!


♡ - Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment