London Calling to the Faraway Towns

Yesssss. I've officially lost count of how many times I've visited London and that, my friend, is AMAZING to me. If someone would have told me a few years ago that I would somewhat know my way around London, actually understand the Underground subway maps, and, I dare to say it, feel comfortable and not like a tourist in a sea of English people, I would have said - "No, freakin' way."

Yet, there I was amid the hustle and bustle of the work week grind in the busiest city in the country, not overwhelmed or scared, nor lost or over ambitious and easily frustrated cause I wasn't seeing enough, but just normal.

Before this most recent trip, I had begun to view London as somewhat underwhelming, in fact, I had almost begun to be disappointed. Although I had had fun during my last visits, I wasn't use to the unhappy people passing by skimming my shoulder, the wishy-washy weather, the zig-zagging streets that don't end up where you think they do or the ungodly heat of the tube trains.

Now, as a regular London-goer, I had a new-found confidence in roaming about the city aimlessly, enjoying the great little things that make the city so wonderful - like the historical monuments on every corner, the casual stroll through one of many London gardens, the reasonably priced vintage clothing stores hidden throughout the city, the colorful and graffiti city walls, the fantastic accordion players playing for coins in the underground

^^^Chillin in the London Fields
^^^ Neal's Yard alley in Covent Garden^^^On the Millennium Bridge ^^^St. Paul's Cathedral
^^^ Piccadilly Circus


^^^Nelson's Column
♡ - Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment